5 Tips for Efficient Driving.
1. Change speeds gently - whether accelerating or braking, it's better for you car's components. Driving at a moderate speed and using cruise control when possible further increases efficiency.
2. Remove excess weight - avoid keeping unnecessary items in your vehicle, especially heavy ones.
3. Keep tires properly inflated - underinflated tires are dangerous, wear quicker, and decrease engine efficiency. Keep tires pumped up to the recommended pressure.
4. Plan and combine errands and outgoings- avoid traveling during the most congested times of day. Star-stop driving is among the most energy intensive means of car travel. Combining errands saves a trip!
5. Minimize idling - no matter what kind of car you drive, idling wasted energy. For gasoline-powered cars, idling ca use up to half a gallon of fuel per hour, much more than restarting your car. In addition, modern cars do not need to be "warmed up" before driving - even in cold weather.
Use these tips to save fuel and improve air quality. A win for you, a win for the environment.