Prepare for Hurricanes Now
Promote Hurricane Preparedness Week: May 7-13 in your community
The Ready Campaign recommends using social media tools as a way to promote National Hurricane Preparedness Week, May 7– May 13, as well as throughout hurricane season. You can either copy these messages directly or customize them to reach your audience.
Follow the National Weather Service Hurricane Preparedness Weekly Themes and promote content online and in person!
- Sunday, May 7th- Determine your risk
- Monday, May 8th- Develop an evacuation plan
- Tuesday, May 9th- Assemble disaster supplies
- Wednesday, May 10th- Secure an insurance check
- Thursday, May 11th- Strengthen your home
- Friday, May 12th- Check on Your Neighbor
- Saturday, May 13th- Complete your written hurricane pla